Imagine you logged on to a cafe’s complimentary Wi-Fi network on your mobile device while you were standing in line to order. A coupon code for a free cup of coffee with any food purchase comes up on the landing page. What would you think? Would you think the company was successful and generous and they value their customers enough to give them a thank you for loyal patronage? Would you want to take advantage of the offer? Would you consider returning to the establishment the next time you were in the neighborhood? If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, this cafe’s simple, inexpensive guerrilla marketing campaign has done it’s job!
Use Innovative Marketing Techniques to Make Free Wi-Fi Work for You
Landing Page Coupon Codes: Modern Guerrilla Marketing
- Create a friendly, pleasant environment that is comfortable to enter.
- Ensure your establishment is walkable (e.g. it flows well and has eye-catching displays of your offerings).
- Offer complimentary Wi-Fi that customers can log into, hassle-free, while they wait.
- Offer a low-cost-to-you coupon to your customers that pops up on the landing page as soon as they connect to your network.
- See your results! When you use a trackable coupon, the results of your promotion are visible nearly instantly. Many types of marketing campaigns take a large amount of time to show results, but instant gratification for your customers equals instant results for you
Make Your Campaign More Lucrative
- Run the coupon during a time when sales are already on the rise, such as the holiday season or on your busiest days.
- Use the lowest-cost coupons to boost sales on slow days.
- If possible, place additional impulse buys that can pair with your promo item along your customer’s path to pay for/wait for the item.
- Use your customer analytics to choose an item that is versatile and can meet the needs of the greatest percentage of your valued customers.